No Additional Information
Stemetil Mouth dissolving tablet contains Prochlorperazine as an active ingredient which belongs to a group of medicines called phenothiazine tranquillisers. They may be used to treat:
• dizziness due to ear diseases (such as Meniere’s syndrome or labyrinthitis), or due to other causes
• nausea and vomiting including during a migraine
• mental illnesses (such as schizophrenia and mania)
• anxiety in the short term
It is effective in treating nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting (being sick) from whatever cause. They are also used to treat migraine and dizziness due to ear problems and other causes.
Direction to Use
The tablets are best taken after food. Do not drink alcohol when taking the tablets as it may interact with the medicine.
Swallow the tablets with water. Do not handle the tablets more than you need to as you may develop sore, red or blistered skin.
• dry mouth
• inability to sleep (insomnia)
• skin reactions
• increased sensitivity to sunlight
• low blood pressure