No Additional Information
Repace contains Losartan as an active ingredient which belongs to a group of medicines known as angiotensin-II receptor antagonists.. It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Angiotensin II is a chemical in your body, which tightens your blood vessels making it harder for the blood to pass through them and causes your blood pressure to increase. Losartan blocks this effect, causing the blood vessels to relax and so lowers your blood pressure.
Your doctor may prescribed Repace to:
• treat hypertension (high blood pressure) in adults and in children and adolescents 6- 18 years of age
• protect the kidney in hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients with laboratory evidence of impaired renal function and proteinuria ≥ 0.5mg per day (a condition in which urine contains an abnormal amount of protein)
• reduce the risk of stroke in hypertension with left ventricular hypertrophy (thickening of the heart muscle)
• treat chronic heart failure when treatment with ACE inhibitors (angiotensin- converting enzyme inhibitors - also used to lower blood pressure) is not considered suitable by your doctor.
If you have hypertension (high blood pressure), Repace lowers your blood pressure. If you have hypertension with left ventricular hypertrophy, this medicine can reduce the risk of a stroke.
Repace is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Decreasing high blood pressure lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Direction to Use
Common side effects (affects 1 to 10 patients in 100):
• feeling dizzy
• low blood pressure
• weakness or feeling very tired
• too little sugar in the blood (hypoglycaemia)
• too much potassium in the blood (hyperkalaemia) - your doctor will take regular blood samples to monitor the levels of potassium in your blood