No Additional Information
Rabenorm tablet contains the active ingredient rabeprazole sodium. It belongs to a group of drugs called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), which work by reducing the production of acid in the stomach. This makes it possible for ulcers to heal, and thereby reduces pain. Rabeprazole is a Proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that binds to H+/K+-exchanging ATPase (proton pump) in gastric parietal cells, blocking acid secretion.
It is used :
- to treat active duodenal ulcers (ulcers in your intestine)
- to treat active benign gastric ulcers or peptic ulcers (ulcers in your stomach)
- to treat gastrooesophageal reflux disease (GORD), commonly referred to as inflammation of the gullet (food pipe), associated with pain, discomfort and heart burn caused by reflux of stomach acid into the gullet, including moderate to very severe versions of the disease.
- for the long-term treatment of GORD, to prevent recurrence of the disease after the symptoms have disappeared (GORD maintenance)
- in patients whose stomachs may contain extremely high amounts of acid, a condition called Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome.
- in combination with appropriate antibacterial therapeutic regimens, to remove the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) in patients with peptic ulcer disease
Direction to Use
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people) :
-Difficulty sleeping (Insomnia), headache, dizziness
-Cough, runny nose (rhinitis) or sore throat (pharyngitis)
-Effects on your stomach or gut such as stomach pain, diarrhoea, wind (flatulence), feeling sick (nausea), being sick (vomiting) or constipation
-Pain without any known cause or back pain
-Weakness (asthenia) or flu-like symptoms.
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people) :
-Sleepiness or drowsiness
-Chest infection (bronchitis)
-Painful and blocked sinuses (sinusitis)
-Indigestion or belching
-Skin rash or redness of the skin