No Additional Information
Obichek contains Metformin as the active ingredient which is an anti-diabetic medication (biguanide). It works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying sugar (glucose) absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin.
In type 2 diabetes, there is too much sugar (glucose) in your blood. This is because your body does not make enough insulin or because it makes insulin that does not work properly. Insulin is a hormone that allows your body tissue to take glucose from the blood and use it for energy or for storage for future use. Obichek works by improving the sensitivity of your body to insulin. It helps your body to use glucose in the normal way again.
Obichek Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is used in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Direction to Use
• Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water.
• Do not crush or chew the tablets.
• Take the tablets with or after food. This lowers the chance of getting an upset stomach.
• Try to take your medicine at the same time each day so that it becomes part of your daily routine.
• Keep taking Obichek until your doctor tells you to stop. Do not stop taking the tablets just because you feel better. If you stop your illness may get worse.
• If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember, with your next meal. However, if it is time for your next dose, do not take the missed dose. Take only a single dose as usual.
• Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Very common side effects: (affects more than 1 in 10 people)
• Stomach problems such as feeling sick (nausea), being sick (vomiting), diarrhoea, stomach pain and loss of appetite. These side effects are most likely to happen at the start of treatment.
• They usually last for a short time. It helps to take the dose with or after a meal.
Common side effects: (affects less than 1 in 10 people)
• taste of metal in your mouth