No Additional Information
Mogyl tablets contain 500mg of the active substance Tinidazole. This medicine is an anti-infective agent. It is an anti-protozoal and anti-anaerobic drug that exerts its activity by penetration into the cell of the microorganisms and subsequent damage of DNA strands or inhibition of their synthesis.
It is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections including:
• infections of the skin, blood, chest, lung, genitals or womb lining.
• an infection associated with stomach ulcers in combination with other drugs.
• infections caused by organisms called protozoa, such as amoebiasis and giardiasis (stomach infections) and trichomoniasis (a genital infection).
• vaginal infections (vaginitis) and gum infections (gingivitis).
It is indicated for the oral treatment of:
(a) Trichomonas vaginalis infections of the genito-urinary tract in both female and male patients. When infection with Trichomonas vaginalis has been confirmed or is suspected, simultaneous treatment of the consort is recommended.
(c) Amoebic Dysentery and Amoebic Liver Abscess.
(d) Acute Giardiasis and Acute Amoebic Dysentery and Amoebic Liver disease in children.
(e) The prevention of infection of the surgical site which may be contaminated or potentially contaminated with anaerobic organisms, for example during colonic, gastro-intestinal and gynaecological surgery.
Direction to Use
The side effects are:
- Mild gastrointestinal side effects, including: Anorexia, metallic taste, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting may occur.
- Allergic reactions may occur in rare cases including: Skin rash, pruritus, urticaria and angioneurotic edema.
- Others include: Dizziness, vertigo, ataxia, headache, tiredness and dark urine.
-Transient leucopenia may occur.
If you get side effects and they become serious, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.