No Additional Information
Lipril tablets contain Lisinopril as the active ingredient which belongs to a group of medicines called ACE inhibitors. ACE is short for Angiotensin Converting Enzyme. ACE inhibitors cause the body to produce less angiotensin (a hormone which tightens blood vessels and increases blood pressure), resulting in a reduction in pressure inside blood vessels and an improvement in heart function. Lisinopril works by making your blood vessels widen. This helps to lower your blood pressure. It also makes it easier for your heart to pump blood to all parts of your body.
Lipril Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart failure.
Direction to Use
• Swallow the tablet with a drink of water
• Try to take your tablets at the same time each day. It does not matter if you take Lipril tablets before or after food.
• Keep taking Lipril tablets for as long as your doctor tells you to, it is a long term treatment. It is important to keep taking Lipril tablets every day.
Taking your first dose
• Take special care when you have your first dose of Lipril tablets or if your dose is increased. It may cause a greater fall in blood pressure than later doses.
• This may make you feel dizzy or light-headed. If this happens, it may help to lie down. Take it preferably at bedtime and rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down. If you are concerned, please talk to your doctor as soon as possible.
Lipril tablets are used: