No Additional Information
Klarion contains the active substance Clarithromycin which belongs to a group of medicines called macrolide antibiotics. Clarithromycin inhibits protein synthesis by binding to 50s ribisomal subunits of susceptible organisms. It has activity susceptible streptococci and staphylococci as well as other species including B.catarrhalis, L.spp, C.trachomatis and U.urealyticum. Klarion tablets are used to treat following infections:
Klarion tablets are indicated in adults and children 12 years and older.
• Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis in Adults
• Acute Maxillary Sinusitis
• Community-Acquired Pneumonia
• Uncomplicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections
• Acute Otitis Media in Pediatric Patients
• Treatment and Prophylaxis of Disseminated Mycobacterial Infections
• Helicobacter pylori Infection and Duodenal Ulcer Disease in Adults
Direction to Use
The tablets should be swallowed preferably with a glass of water.The tablets may be taken with or without food.If you forget to take a tablet, take one as soon as you remember, unless it is nearly time to take the next dose. DO NOT take more tablets in one day than your doctor has told you to Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people) include;