No Additional Information
Kilmax contains Cefuroxime as an active ingredient which is an antibiotic used in adults and children. It works by killing bacteria that cause infections. It belongs to a group of medicines called cephalosporins.
Like all antibiotics Kilmax is only effective against some types of bacteria. So, it is only suitable for treating some types of infection.
Kilmax is used to treat infections of:
• the throat
• middle ear
• the lungs or chest
• the urinary tract
• the skin and soft tissues.
It can also be used:
• to treat Lyme disease (an infection spread by parasites called ticks).
Kilmax can be used to treat:
• ear, sinus and throat infections
• chest infections such as bronchitis
• infections of the bladder
• infections in the skin and the layers just under the skin (such as furuncles, impetigo-an infection on the surface of the skin)
• early Lyme disease (from a tick bite) and to prevent late complications in adults and children above the age of 12.
Direction to Use
Common side effects
These may affect up to 1 in 10 people:
• fungal infections (such as Candida)
• feeling sick
• stomach pain.