Information about Tab. Glifaz 10 mg
Empagliflozin is a reversible inhibitor of sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2), the main site of filtered glucose re-absorption in the renal proximal convoluted tubules. This reduces re-absorption of filtered glucose and lowers renal threshold for glucose, resulting in increased urinary glucose excretion, thereby reducing blood glucose concentration.
Empagliflozin is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Direction to Use
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. The tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Never take two doses on the same day.
- Urinary tract infection
- Female genital mycotic infections
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Increased urination
- male genital mycotic infections