No Additional Information
Eldoper contains Loperamide as an active ingredient which is an anti-diarrhoea medicine. It works by slowing down the speed at which food and stomach contents pass through the bowel. This allows your body more time to take up water from your stool and so reduce diarrhoea.
Loperamide works by slowing the contractions of the intestinae and increases transit by binding to the opiate receptor in the gut wall. It also increases the tone of the anal sphincter, thereby reducing incontinence and urgency.
It can be used:
• For the treatment of sudden, short-lived (acute) diarrhoea in adults and children over 12 years of age
• For the treatment of diarrhoea associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), which has been diagnosed by a doctor, in adults aged 18 years and over.
You must talk to a doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel worse after 2 days.
Direction to Use
• Swallow the correct number of capsules whole with a drink of water. For oral use only.
• The capsules are not for long-term treatment.
• Constipation, feeling sick, wind
• Dry mouth