Information about Tab. Dizone-250mg
Dizone Tablet contains Disulfiram as the active ingredient which blocks the chemical which breaks the converted form of alcohol in the body. This leads to an increased level of converted form of alcohol in the body causing bad physical features while drinking alcohol.
Dizone Tablet is used in alcohol dependence.
Direction to Use
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Dizone Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- Do not consume alcohol during the treatment and for up to 14 days after discontinuation.
- Patients who are receiving or have recently received, alcohol, or alcohol-containing preparations, such as cough syrups, tonics and the like, should not take dizone, If you drink alcohol during or within 2 weeks of stopping dizone a serious and potentially life threatening reaction may occur along with severe symptoms such as flushing of the face and neck, increased body temperature, sweating, urge to vomit (nausea) vomiting, itchy skin or rash caused by an allergic reaction (pruritus, urticaria) anxiety, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, difficulty breathing, palpitations, rapid breathing, rapid heartbeat, low blood pressure, abnormally slow breathing, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, coma or fits may occur.
Common Side Effects of Dizone are Headache, Fatigue, Drowsiness, Metallic taste.