No Additional Information
Cefolac contains the active ingredient Cefixime. This belongs to a group of antibiotics called ‘cephalosporins’. Tricef is used to treat infections caused by bacteria. These include infections of the :
• Nose, sinuses (such as sinusitis)
• Throat (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis)
• Chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)
• Urinary system (such as cystitis and kidney infections)
Direction to Use
• Take this medicine by mouth. It may be taken with or without food. You should swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water.
• If you feel the effect of the medicine is too weak or too strong, do not change the dose yourself, but ask your doctor.
Common side effects (affect less than 1 in 10 patients) include:
Uncommon side effects (affect less than 1 in 100 patients) include: