No Additional Information
Azithral contains Azithromycin as an active ingredient which is one of a group of antibiotics known as macrolides. It is a semisynthetic azalide antibiotic. It blocks transpeptidation by binding to 50s ribosomal subunit of susceptible organisms and disturbing RNA-dependent protein synthesis at the chain elongation step. It is used to treat bacterial infections caused by micro organisms such as bacteria. These infections include:
• chest infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia
•infections in your sinuses, throat, tonsils or ears
•mild to moderate skin and soft tissue infections, e.g. infection of the hair follicles (folliculitis), bacterial infection of the skin and its deeper layers (cellulitis), skin infection with shiny red swelling (erysipelas)
• infections caused by a bacterium called Chlamydia trachomatis. They can cause inflammation of the urethra or cervix.
Azithral is used for the treatment of certain infections caused by bacteria that are sensitive to it, such as:
• chest, throat or nasal infections such as bronchitis, pneumonia, tonsillitis, sore throat (pharyngitis) and sinusitis
• ear infections
• skin and soft tissue infections, with exception of infected burn wounds e.g. - infection of the tube that carries urine from the bladder (urethra) or the neck of the womb (cervix) caused by Chlamidia trachomatis (bacteria).
Direction to Use
• abdominal pain
• changes in white blood cell count
in blood tests
• low blood bicarbonate
• feeling sick (nausea)
• loose wind (flatulence)
• abdominal discomfort
• loose stools.