Information about Oral powder. Lax
Lax contains the husk of seeds of the plantago ovata, popularly known as isabgol. Being a purely Ayurvedic medicine it is perfectly safe and free from harmful side effects nor it is habit forming, unlike chemical laxatives.
This medication is used to treat constipation. It increases the bulk in your stool, an effect that helps to cause movement of the intestines. It also works by increasing the amount of water in the stool, making the stool softer and easier to pass. Psyllium, one type of bulk-forming laxative, has also been used along with a proper diet to treat high cholesterol.
Direction to Use
- Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor.
- If you are self-treating, follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- To prevent choking from this medication, take it with a full glass of water or other liquid (8 ounces/240 milliliters). Measure each dose according to the directions on the product label. Mix in a full glass of water or other liquid (8 ounces/240 milliliters), stir completely, and drink right away. You may add more liquid to the mixture if it becomes too thick.
- When preparing the medication, be careful not to breathe in the powder since it may rarely cause an allergic reaction.
- Dosage is based on your age, medical condition, and response to treatment. Do not increase your dose or take this drug more often than directed. This product may decrease the absorption of other medications you may be taking.
- Take this product at least 2 hours from your other medications. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information or if you have any questions.
- It may take 1 to 3 days before this medication starts working. Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time(s) each day.
- Do not take this medication for more than 7 days unless directed by your doctor. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens, or if bleeding from the rectum occurs. If you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.
Gas or stomach cramping