No Additional Information
Rocin 2% w/w Ointment contains Mupirocin as the active ingredient which is an antibiotic. It is used to kill bacteria in skin infections such as impetigo (which may appear as a small scratch or itchy patch of eczema), folliculitis (swelling of the skin around the hair roots) and boils. Rocin Ointment is for external use on your skin only.
Mupirocin reversibly binds to bacterial isoleucyl-tRNA synthetase, an enzyme which promotes the conversion of isoleucine and tRNA to isoleucyl-tRNA. Prevention of this enzymes from functioning properly results in the inhibition of bacterial protein and RNA synthesis.
Rocin is a topical antibiotic used to treat local staphylococcal infections.
Direction to Use
• For use on the skin only.
• Do not mix Rocin Ointment with other creams or ointments on the infected area of your skin, as this may reduce the effectiveness of the Ointment.
• If you are using Rocin Ointment on your face, you should be careful not to get it in your eyes or in your nose. If you accidentally get Rocin Ointment in your eyes, wash them thoroughly with water and contact your doctor or nearest hospital Accident and Emergency Department immediately.
• Wash and dry your hands before, and after, you use Rocin Ointment.
• Use Rocin Ointment for as long as your doctor has told you. The bacteria are normally cleared from your skin within 10 days of starting treatment. Do not use for more than 10 days. If your symptoms persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Rash, Allergic reaction, Itching, Burning sensation, Tingling sensation