No Additional Information
MET contains Metronidazole as an active ingredient which belongs to a group of medicines called anti-infective agents. It is converted to reduction products that interacts with DNA to cause destruction of helical DNA structure and strand leading to a protein synthesis inhibition and cell death in susceptible organisms. It is active against most anaerobic protozoa ,some gram +ve and faculative anaerobes. It may be used to treat :
• infections, caused by bacteria of the blood, brain, bone, lung, stomach lining and pelvic area, following childbirth or in a wound following an operation
• urinary or genital infections caused by a parasite, Trichomonas
• genital infection in women caused by bacteria
• the parasitic diseases amoebiasis
• the disease giardiasis
• gum and teeth infections
• infected leg ulcers or pressure sores
• stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori
• or prevent infections occurring after operations.
• Treat infections of the blood, brain, lung, bones, genital tract, pelvic area, stomach and intestines
• Treat gum ulcers and other dental infections
• Treat infected leg ulcers and pressure sores
• Prevent infections after surgery
Direction to Use
• Swallow the tablet whole with a drink of water.
• Do not crush or chew the tablets.
• Take these tablets during or just after a meal.
• The dose of metronidazole will depend on your needs and the illness being treated.
• The length of your treatment will depend on the type of illness you have and how bad it is.
Nausea, Unpleasant metallic taste,vomitting,constipation,furred tounge, wekness, dizizness,headache,insomnia, drowsiness, ataxia