Information about Tab. Megapen Kid
Megapen Kid Tablet is a combination of two antibiotics: Ampicillin and Cloxacillin. It is a semi-synthetic derivative of penicillin and is used to treat urinary tract infections, pneumonia, respiratory track infections, meningitis, or gonorrhea, infections of the stomach or intestines.
Ampicillin (125mg) + Cloxacillin (125mg)
- Bacterial Meningitis : Megapen Kid Tablet is used in the treatment of meningitis, which is an inflammation of the protective membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord, caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Neisseria meningitidis.
- Respiratory Tract Infection : Megapen Kid Tablet is used in the treatment of respiratory tract infections like pneumonia and brochitis, caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Staphylococcus aureus.
- Endocarditis : Megapen Kid Tablet is used in the treatment of Endocarditis which is an inflammation of inner layer of heart caused by Streptococcus species: Staphylococci, and Enterococci.
- Bacterial Septicemia : Megapen Kid Tablet is used in the treatment of Septicemia which is an infection of the blood caused by Staphylococci and Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Urinary Tract Infection : Megapen Kid Tablet is used in the treatment of infections of the urinary tract caused by E.coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterococci and Klebsiella pneumoniae.
Direction to Use
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Megapen Kid Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
Take it preferably half to one hour before food.
Megapen Kid Tablet is less toxic than other antibiotics. Side effects are rare and hardly occur. Side Effects of Megapen are Allergic reaction, Rash, Stomach pain, Nausea, Diarrhoea.