No Additional Information
Meftal contains Mefenamic acid as an active ingredient which inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins in body tissues by inhibiting at least 2 cyclooxygenase isoenzymes, cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) and -2 (COX-2) May inhibit chemotaxis, may alter lymphocyte activity, decrease proinflammatory cytokine activity, and may inhibit neutrophil aggregation. These effects may contribute to its anti-inflammatory activity
It can help to relieve:
• symptoms of inflammation, such as redness and swelling
• pain and discomfort caused by arthritis, muscular or rheumatic disorders
• headache, muscle ache or toothache
• pain after operations, trauma
• childbirth pain
• painful or heavy periods
Direction to Use
• Take the tablets with or immediately after a meal.
• Do NOT drink alcohol while taking Meftal Tablets. Alcohol and smoking can irritate the stomach and make some of the side effects worse.
• Indigestion or heart burn
• Abdominal Pain (pains in your stomach) or other abdominal (stomach) symptoms.
• Mouth ulcers, malaise, fatigue, unexplained bruising, fever or sore throat may ocassionally occur, if you notice any of these symptoms speak to your doctor as they may be signs of a blood disorder.