No Additional Information
Prazol Capsules contain the active substance Omeprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called ‘proton pump inhibitors’. They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces which helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Prazol is used in the treatment of acidity, heartburn and stomach ulcers.
Direction to Use
• It is recommended that you take your capsules in the morning.
• You can take your capsules with food or on an empty stomach.
• Swallow your capsules whole with half a glass of water. Do not chew or crush the capsules. This is because the capsules contain coated pellets which stop the medicine from being broken down by the acid in your stomach. It is important not to damage the pellets.
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• Effects on your stomach or gut: diarrhoea, stomach pain, constipation, wind (flatulence).
• Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting).
• Benign polyps in the stomach.
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• Swelling of the feet and ankles.
• Disturbed sleep (insomnia).
• Dizziness, tingling feelings such as “pins and needles”, feeling sleepy.
• Spinning feeling (vertigo).
• Changes in blood tests that check how the liver is working.
• Skin rash, lumpy rash (hives) and itchy skin.
• Generally feeling unwell and lacking energy.